Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Heart is in NY

This past weekend was spent in New York City for a wedding and a much needed visit back to the last place we called home.  For three years I existed in a torrid love affair with New York, which at times was beautiful and surreal, like a dream I never wanted to wake up from and at others it was like a wicked and raw storm that refused to break.

Like anything, I do believe you can only appreciate something more when you don't have it anymore.  This sums up my relationship with the city now.  A gentle and subtle ache for something that is no longer mine and a great appreciation and respect for everything the city did to me while I was there.  It changed me in irreversible ways.  I may be here now, in Florida, living and enjoying life, but a little piece of my heart, will always be in New York...

No comments:

Post a Comment