Tuesday, April 13, 2010

hello

Hi!  Welcome to my blog.  If you've been following me for a while you probably know my back story but if you don't here goes....  I opened an Etsy shop, Kopah, selling soap while living in New York City with my boyfriend (now husband), Mike and our dachshund, Peewee.  I taught myself to make soap after attending a Christmas market in Bryant Park where I saw a soap maker selling soap cut right off the loaf.  I was intrigued and thought, I can do that.  So I did.   Shortly after I began making soap, I stumbled upon Etsy while perusing the internet.  I can't even remember what I was looking for, or how I ended up on Etsy but I was instantly hooked.  I quickly opened up my own shop and then soon after started a personal blog related to my life and soap making, Kopah's Soap Box.

Then in 2009, before moving from NYC to Florida, I started another blog, The Design Boards, related to things I am passionate about like interior design, vintage, indie design, photography, fashion, and anything else I find that sparks my inpsiration and creative side. 

In 2010, after discovering a new found hobby that I absolutely love (and am honestly a bit obsessed with), I started another Etsy shop, Apt 22 Vintage (named after one of our apartments in NYC), filled with vintage items Mike and I find while thrifting. 

Over the past few months I have been at a crossroads with my desires to continue making and selling soap.  My shop is still open and I still own all the materials and tools needed to make soap but it doesn't give me the creative rush it used to.  I am now busy with The Design Boards, and Apt 22, which I truly love. 

All of this has prompted me to stop writing at Kopah's Soap Box, since it has always been directly related and tied to Kopah.  I realize after being absent on that blog for many months that I miss having an outlet to write about completely random things pertaining to my personal life, something I can't do with The Design Boards.  I want a place where I can blog about any topic and where there is no rigid posting schedule to follow or any expectations (hopefully!).  So here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment